10 Great Summer Read Alouds
Reading out loud to your child can not only be a great way to bond, but it can be a great way for your child to learn to read or hold on to those skills they learned this past year and avoid the summer slide. Here are some great books that your child might enjoy.
- Holes By Louis Sachar (Ages 10+)
- Charlotte’s Web By E. B. White (Ages 8+)
- The Secret Garden By Frances Hodgson Burnett (Ages 7+)
- James and the Giant Peach By Roald Dahl (Ages 6+)
- The Giver By Lois Lowry (Ages 10+)
- The Harry Potter Series (Ages 9+)
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory By Roald Dahl (Ages 8+)
- Because of Winn-Dixie By Kate DiCamillo (Ages 8+)
- The Boxcar Children By Gertrude Chandler Warner (Ages 6+)
- Where the Sidewalk Ends By Shel Silverstein (Ages 4+)
This entry was posted in News on by Kathy Belcher.