Tips to Help an Anxious Child
During these uncertain times, anxiety can be popping up where it wasn’t before. Here are a few tips to help you and your child.
- Provide the opportunity for adequate sleep
- Serve healthy meals
- Remind your child to drink plenty of water
- Allow for downtime to decompress
- Allow for outdoor free play
- Exercise daily
- Avoid avoidance (help your child face their worry instead of avoiding it)
- Let your child worry (don’t say “don’t worry”, instead ask them to describe the worry in order to decompose it and show that it may not be necessary)
This entry was posted in News on by kiddermedia.