The Board of Education meets on the third Wednesday of each month, unless circumstances require a change in date. The public is invited to attend these meetings. Hope to see you there!
Monthly Archives: August 2017
Being on time and having great attendance is extremely important in making the most out of your education. Here are some tips on how to make your time in East Guernsey the best it can be.
- Being on time sets each student up for success
- Helping your child be on time shows them that you care about his/her learning
- Learning begins when the bell rings
- Your child could miss out on important information even if they are five to ten minutes late
- English and Math are usually taught in the morning
- Being on time helps keep your child from falling behind
- Being on time is an important life lesson
East Guernsey faculty and staff regularly emphasize three keys to succeeding throughout school: attendance, work ethic and extra participation. Students who show up on time, work hard and get involved will certainly get the most out of their middle school and high school years. This is not to say that they will not face challenges. School should be challenging to adequately prepare students for life after graduation. Students who work on these three keys, however, will find the strength within and the resources around them necessary to achieve in the face of obstacles. These keys not only help students to find academic success but lifelong fulfillment as well.