Giving at the Holiday Season
The holidays are a great time to teach children compassion and empathy for others. It is easy for children to be excited to receive gifts, but how do we develop the same enthusiasm for giving? Here are some examples of how you can involve your child in the joy of giving.
- Let your child shop for a few gifts for others using their own money
- Do a holiday craft or bake cookies to give to neighbors or friends
- Let your child wrap a few gifts themselves
- Have your child make cards for others
- Give your child the opportunity to present the gift to someone so they can see the joy it brings
- Volunteer in a local soup kitchen or participate in Toys for Tots
This entry was posted in News on by kiddermedia.